At GENEWIZ, we understand that protection of our clients' IP is of the utmost importance. We stand by our emphasis on long-term collaborations and meet this challenge by providing comprehensive protective measures.
Our strict company-wide IP policy is based upon:
- Preparing our management and research teams with the correct mindset for quality IP protection through rigorous, repeated training.
- Preventing information leaks in all possible forms.
- Distinct projects are physically isolated from each other through our laboratory organization.
- Laboratory notebooks are strictly monitored, regulated, and filed. Notebooks never leave the premises and can be returned to the client upon request. Digital data is protected by a comprehensive information security system encompassing our network.
- Ensuring employees' legal compliance with company regulations.
- All GENEWIZ employees are required to sign a CDA agreement before joining the company.
GENEWIZ keeps client's Information with the same degree of care it holds its own confidential information, including written Information relating to the services; data; know-how; assay methods; technical and non-technical materials. GENEWIZ will not use the Information except for the services to be performed pursuant to the client's order. GENEWIZ will disclose the Information only to its officers, employees and affiliates directly concerned with the services, but will neither disclose the Information to any third party nor use the Information for any other purpose unless such materials: i. were known to GENEWIZ prior to the order, as evidenced by GENEWIZ's written records; ii. are or become generally available to the public through no fault of GENEWIZ; iii. are received by GENEWIZ in good faith from a third party, not in breach of an obligation of confidentiality; iv. are independently developed, discovered or arrived at by GENEWIZ without use of or reference to Confidential Information; or v. are disclosed, pursuant to a requirement of law.