Fragment analysis encompasses a wide variety of genotyping, DNA profiling, and mutation detection techniques for medical, environmental, and agricultural research. GENEWIZ provides fast and reliable fragment analysis services to researchers in all of these fields. Our experienced scientific team can perform ready-to-run fragment analysis projects to assist with your research. This service is performed on ABI3730xl's for accurate size calling, consistent band intensities, and low run-to-run migration variations.
Fragment Analysis Applications
- Microsatellite Analysis: Short Tandem Repeats (STRs) and Variable Nucleotide Tandem Repeats (VNTRs) for genetic mapping, linkage analysis, and tracing inheritance patterns
- Microsatellite Instability
- Chimerism Analysis
- Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP) Analysis
- Terminal Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (T-RFLP) Analysis
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Genotyping
- Relative Fluorescent Quantitation: Loss of Heterozygosity (LOH), Aneuploidy Assays, and Large Chromosomal Deletion Detection
Benefits of Fragment Analysis
- Fast Turnaround: 24-48 hour turnaround from the time of sample receipt for most ready-to-run projects
- Assay: DS-33 (Dye Set G5): 6FAM, PET, NED, and VIC with LIZ-500 size standard
- Platform: Applied Biosystems 3730xl Genetic Analyzers
- Competitive Pricing: Contact us for a custom quote
How To Order
- GENEWIZ recommends DS-33: 6FAM, PET, NED, and VIC for assay development; we reserve the LIZ channel for size standard.
Click here to download the Fragment Analysis Order Form.
- Submit your Fragment Analysis Order Form via email,
and include a printed copy of the order form with your sample submission.
- Prepare samples in either 8-strip tubes or a 96-well plate according to GENEWIZ's Sample Submission Guidelines.
For orders with less than 48 samples, please use 0.2 ml, 8-strip PCR tubes.
For orders with more than 48 samples, discount pricing is available for 96-well PCR plates, as indicated in the Tubes and Plates Tab of the Sample Submission Guidelines.
Please use 8-strip caps for your tubes or wells and wrap with parafilm; this
is the best way to prevent drying and cross-contaminating during shipment.
- Sample shipment: Please use a local Drop Box or Courier at your institution; please contact us for a complete list of local Drop Boxes and Courier pick-up locations.
San Diego customers: Please contact us to determine if you are within a GENEWIZ Courier pick-up area.
If a Drop Box or Courier pick-up loaction is not available at your institution, please ship your samples at room temperature with the completed order form via FedEx Overnight Service to the following address:
126 Corporate Blvd.
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Caution: GENEWIZ does not receive samples on Saturdays. Please contact GENEWIZ Technical Support (1-877-436-3949) before shipping samples on a Friday
- Results are provided in .fsa format
A freeware copy of Peak Scanner (Applied Biosystems) is available for download here
to help analyze your data