GENEWIZ operation is optimized to sequence both small and large volumes of clones
from bacteria (colonies or glycerol stock) or phage with circular genome (plaque
or supernatant). When it is hard to get sufficient amount of DNA for sequencing
(e.g., low copy plasmid), this option allows you to get the sequence data you
need without struggling with DNA preparation.
Your Benefits Include
- Time savings and cost savings - no need to grow culture and
- Fast turnaround
- Analysis using ABI Prism 3730xl DNA analyzers
- >600 bases of Phred20 reads
Free GENEWIZ Universal Primers
- GENEWIZ Online Ordering and Data Retrieval System - 24/7
- GENEWIZ Technical Support is always available to discuss your
How To Order
your order online
and choose the "Custom" service type. Prepare samples according to our
Sample Submission Guidelines.
You can use a free GENEWIZ Universal Primer,
or submit your primer at 5 pmol/μl (5 μM) in 5 μl of water for each sequencing
- Glycerol stocks - Send in 1.5 ml tubes or in 96-well plates.
Samples should be shipped frozen, on dry ice.
- Bacterial colonies - Array the colonies in a grid on an agar
plate or circle the colonies that you would like sequenced. Write a number
beside each colony so that we can use the plate name plus the number when
reporting the data. For transport, wrap agar plates in parafilm and provide
cushion to protect against potential damage.
- Phage supernatant - Please submit 50 μl of phage supernatant in
8-strip PCR tubes or 1.5 ml eppendorf tubes that are clearly labeled with the
- Phage plaque - Circle and number the plaques you submit for
sequencing. For transport, wrap agar plates in parafilm and provide cushion to
protect against potential damage.