Position Type: Employee, Full-time
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Job Description: GENEWIZ is seeking is seeking a Scientist I or II to join our development group.
- Design, plan and execute product and service development-related projects related to molecular biology, biochemistry and genomics/genetics under GLP regulations
- Develop and optimize SOP’s to streamline and improve current and new production processes
- Train and supervise junior level scientist and associate scientists
- Support trouble shooting efforts for production projects
- Support Sales and Marketing departments and related business development efforts
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genomic Sciences or related discipline
- Minimal 5 years hands on experience in a wide range of molecular biology, biochemistry and genomic methodologies including but not limited to various nucleic acid related techniques and assay development.
- Knowledge and experiences in Bioinformatics or automation a plus
- Proficient in reviewing technical literatures and formulating research plans accordingly
- Highly motivated, creative and organized with good record keeping habit
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced CRO environment
- Detail oriented while keeping a big picture
- Great team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to react to situations with a “sense of urgency”
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to GENEWIZ Human Resources.
GENEWIZ, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.