Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Diego, CA
- Process sequencing template, including: preparation, amplification, and PCR purification.
- Perform routine maintenance of DNA sequencers.
- Be aware of sequence data extraction and analysis procedures.
- Check inventory and replenish consumable sequencing supplies.
- Prepare buffers and related solutions.
- Become familiar with sequencing data analysis.
- Communicate with customers by phone and email in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assist with basic troubleshooting efforts.
- Learn and apply techniques associated with purified plasmid and purified PCR handling.
- Strictly follow SOPs and Manager’s direction in training, sample handling, project processing, and documentation.
- Be an effective team-player committed to company goals.
- Assist and maintain the cleanliness of work area.
- AAS or BS degree in biological sciences or a related discipline required.
- A minimum of 1+ years of previous lab work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential.
- Well organized.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) closely.
- Functions well in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work the night shift.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to GENEWIZ Human Resources.
GENEWIZ, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.