A common method for identifying bacterial strains is analyzing the sequence of the gene coding for 16S ribosomal RNA (16S rRNA). 16S rRNA sequencing is also a standard tool for bacterial phylogenetic and taxonomic studies.
GENEWIZ can sequence the 16S rRNA gene from your bacterial colonies rapidly and effectively. Simply submit your bacteria, and GENEWIZ will perform PCR amplification and Sanger DNA sequencing using in-house 16S primers or your custom PCR primers. No bacterial gDNA extraction is required!
16S rRNA Sequencing Features:
- PCR amplification directly from bacterial colonies
- Forward and reverse sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene
- FDA-grade sequencing:
- GENEWIZ offers regulatory-compliant 16S rRNA sequencing, as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), chapter 21, Part 58 for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). Commonly utilized for bacterial strain identification, bacterial phylogenetic, and taxonomic studies, 16S rRNA sequencing is the preferred method for microbial monitoring in cGMP studies, providing the most precise, accurate results. This is applicable when species or genus identification of microorganisms is required to monitor sterility for environmental control.
- Also useful for the investigation of media fill contamination and failed sterility tests, 16S rRNA sequencing provides informative supplemental data for environmental monitoring programs, such as tracking and trending.
- For more information about FDA-grade 16S rRNA sequencing, please reference FDA guidance, Sterile drug products produced by aseptic processing.
- Fast & Reliable Turnaround: Sequencing data available within 2-3 business days; additional time required for FDA-grade sequencing
- High Quality: Robust 16S rRNA PCR protocols and high quality sequencing data
- Competitive Pricing: Please contact us for standard or FDA-grade pricing information
- Superior Customer Service: Award-winning, easily accessible, dedicated project managers available Monday – Friday
16S rRNA Sequencing: Single Bacterial Colony
Starting Material: Single Bacterial Colony
Sanger DNA Sequencing
16S rRNA Sequencing: Mixed Bacteria Population
|Starting Material: Mixed Population of Bacteria
||Sanger DNA Sequencing
How To Order
To request a quote, please contact us. GENEWIZ will contact you to discuss the project scope in detail.